We have a failed disk on a CEPH storage node on an OPENSTACK deployment.
In order to locate the failed disk slot, you need to utilise MegaRAIDs storecli in order to pull this information from the CEPH node.
1. SSH to fuel node (this has ssh access to the other nodes)
2. fuel node list (see list and ip address of alerting device)
3. ssh node-# <– insert node number
4. ceph osd tree (see from list which disk is in a down state)
5. cd /opt/MegaRAID/storcli/
6. navigate to:> root@node-8:/opt/MegaRAID/storcli# ./storcli64 /call show
7. see which disk slot has failed.
Other useful StorCli commands:
./storcli64 /call show
./storcli64 /c0 /vall show#
> For drives
./storcli64 /c0 /e0 /sall show
> General Info
./storcli64 /c0 /eall /sall show
> Adapter info for disk slots etc
./storcli64 -AdpAllInfo -aALL